University of Melbourne, Australia offers several undergraduate, masters and PHD scholarships such as McKenzie post doctoral scholarship, graduate research scholarship program and others.
Studying in Australia has been a dream for a lot of graduates and undergraduates in the country today.
Meanwhile, one of the best ways to achieve this dream is by applying for the available scholarships at the University of Melbourne.
The University of Melbourne is undeniably one of the best in Australia. It was established in 1853, making it one the oldest in the country.
They maintain a solid position in the world’s top 100 universities and also offer a lot of programs for graduates and undergraduates.
Therefore, your interest in finding the available scholarships at Melbourne University is very normal. Well, this article will let you know some of the major scholarships today.
Ensure you remain relaxed as you go through them below;
Top 3 International Student Scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia
In case you want to Study in Australia through scholarship programs, then you can choose from any of the ones that would be discussed right now.
1. Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship
If you have got the intention to study at the University of Melbourne to pursue a full-time undergraduate program in any subject, you should consider applying for the International Undergraduate Scholarships offered by the University of Melbourne.
This is a merit-based scholarship available for only 50 people. It is open to all international students to apply.
- You will be offered a broad $ 10,000 discount in tuition fees for the first year of an undergraduate degree; Or
- A 50% discount in tuition fees for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree; Or
- 100% tuition discount for the normal full-time duration of an undergraduate degree for the full course duration
It is not new for scholarship programs to have their eligibility criteria, so below are the eligibility criteria for the undergraduate scholarship at the University of Melbourne.
- You must be a citizen of a country different from Australia and New Zealand and must not be a permanent resident of Australia.
- You must have received an unconditional offer to study an undergraduate course.
- You must not be a graduate at any institution.
NOTE: International Understudy Fee Discount Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and awarded on a competitive basis subject to quotas by course and region. Scholarships have been awarded to students from countries such as Singapore, Mexico, China, Bangladesh, Mauritius, Sweden, Malaysia, USA and India.
You can proceed to Scholarship official page at unimelb.edu.au to apply for this scholarship.
2. University of Melbourne Graduate Research Scholarship Program
Have you ever thought of finishing your postgraduate studies in Australia?
If yes, the good news is that the registration system for students applying for postgraduate research programs is currently ongoing at the University of Melbourne in Australia. This scholarship is now available for the chosen 600 students by the institution.
- The University of Melbourne will grant you a 100% worth of your tuition which will amount to about $110,000.
- You get a full compensation fee for up to two years if you are a student pursuing a master’s degree per research degree or chasing a doctorate.
- You will receive $ 30,600 per annum which serves a living allowance for up to two years if you are pursuing a master’s degree per research degree or a doctorate.
- A relocation grant that is worth $2000 will be given to students moving from states or territories other than Victoria.
- A relocation grant worth $3000 is awarded to students moving from outside Australia.
- A subsistence allowance which can be indexed will be granted annually this includes limited paid maternity and sick leave.
- You will become a member of the Foreign Student Health Coverage (OSHC) if you are international students that require a student visa to study in Australia.
- You must meet the university entrance requirements to be qualified for the research and postgraduate degree programs.
- You will be nominated immediately for Graduate Research Scholarships if you are have applied before the application closing date. You will receive notification that you request has been sent and would be considered within 7 days.
If you are a new student and have applied for a Graduate Research Course before the application closing date for that course, you will automatically be considered for Graduate Research Scholarships.
Therefore, you should submit an Online Form providing that you have followed the instruction stated above.
If the student is pursuing the postgraduate research scholarship, then you should apply online before October 31.
Scholarship official website at unimelb.edu.au.
3. John McKenzie Fellowships
The McKenzie Post-doctoral fellowship program was started to recognise and reward some of the excellent doctoral graduates that we have around the world.
The primary aim of this scholarship is to attract a new set of researchers in various academic divisions. This scholarship is arguably one of the most competitive ones in the institution because of its mouthwatering offers.
- The recipients of this scholarship are offered a seed fund ranging from $10,001 – $20,000 to assist them in their research program.
- You must have been awarded a doctorate from a university other than the University of Melbourne.
- Your field must be one that has a research strength.
- You must possess a declaration of support from your school.
You may also wish to checkout Scholarships at University of Toronto, Canada.
If you still have the goal to study in Australia, then the scholarship programs available at the University of Melbourne is the best bet for you. All you have to do is to ensure that you keep close with this platform because the scholarship dates and deadlines would be updated with time.
Don’t forget to share this with your family and friends who might also be searching for scholarship opportunities in Australia. By the way, your comments are appreciated.