Do you have the intention to study in the UK?
Well, there is no doubt that the UK has some of the most prestigious universities in the world where Oxford University cannot be left out.
Winning scholarships can be one of the best ways to study in UK because of high cost of school tuition fees.
Don’t worry, this article will introduce you to several University of Oxford Scholarships and their application process.
Amazingly, we won’t only introduce you? We will also let you know the most important things about each of these scholarships. This is more reason why you should stick to this article from start to finish.
University of Oxford Scholarships and Application Process
Our team has taken time out to fetch the most important and biggest scholarships at the University of Oxford and how to apply for them successfully. Among these scholarships include the below;
- Rhodes scholarship at the University of Oxford.
- Reach Scholarships at the university of oxford for developing countries.
- Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford.
- Weidenfeld and Hoffman Scholarship at the University of Oxford.
1. Rhodes scholarship at the University of Oxford for International Students
The Rhodes scholarship is the oldest of the international scholarships (first awarded in 1902) and also one of the most prestigious. It outstanding students from all over the world to study in UK.
For over 100 years, the Rhodes Foundation has supported outstanding Canadian citizen and permanent residence of Canada to further their studies at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes scholarship covers tuition fees and provides monthly stipends to support scholars throughout your stay in school. Rhodes scholarship value is estimated at about £17,310 per annum (£1,442.50 per month).
- The Rhodes scholarship is open to students around the world. You can check your eligibility for this scholarship at rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk. Just visit the page and select your country.
- Age limit for this scholarship varies with different constituencies. You should be at least 18 years of age and not have exceeded your 24th or 28th birthday on October 1 of the following year depending on your country.
- You must have completed or finished an undergraduate degree from a college or university. Providing that you come out with high grades to be admitted to graduate studies at the University of Oxford.
- Write a cover letter of a maximum of 1000 words. This letter serves as an opportunity to let them know who you are and also to tell your story.
- A complete CV that is not exceeding two A4 pages that shows the main activities in which you participated and the distinctions you collected at university.
- A copy of the 6 letters of recommendation submitted to the Rhodes Scholarship Online Application System.
- A copy of your official report cards or transcripts.
- Proceed with the application process at https://www.rhodeshouse.ox.ac.uk/
This scholarship is annual and the deadline varies between July – October. Course starts in October.
Scholarship Official Website
2. Reach Scholarships at university of oxford for developing countries
Reach Scholarships want to help students from developing countries to acquire their undergraduate degree at Oxford University.
The scholarships are awarded to students who, for political or financial reasons, or because there are no equivalent study programs, are unable to study for a degree in their country.
All courses can be undertaken under this scholarship except for medicine. You can checkout the scholarship course listing here.
Reach scholarship funds college course fees, living expenses and a round-trip airline ticket per year.
Applicants must be citizens of countries who receive assistance from Development Assistance Committee (DAC). These countries are as follows;
Afghanistan; Albania; Algeria; Angola; Antigua and Barbuda; Argentina; Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Belarus; Belize; Benin; Bhutan; Bolivia; Bosnia and Herzegovina; Botswana; Brazil; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Cambodia; Cameroon; Cape Verde; Central African Rep.; Chad; China; Colombia; Comoros; Congo, Dem. Rep.; Congo, Rep.; Costa Rica; Côte d’Ivoire; Cuba; Djibouti; Dominica; Dominican Republic; Ecuador; Egypt; El Salvador; Equatorial Guinea; Eritrea; Eswatini; Ethiopia; Fiji; Gabon; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Grenada; Guatemala; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Haiti; Honduras; India; Indonesia; Iran; Iraq; Jamaica; Jordan; Kazakhstan; Kenya; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.; Kosovo; Kyrgyz Rep.; Laos; Lebanon; Lesotho; Liberia; Libya; Madagascar; Malawi; Malaysia; Maldives; Mali; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Mauritius; Mexico; Micronesia, Federated States; Moldova; Mongolia; Montenegro; Montserrat; Morocco; Mozambique; Myanmar; Namibia; Nauru; Nepal; Nicaragua; Niger; Nigeria; Niue; North Macedonia; Pakistan; Palau; Panama; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Saint Helena; Samoa; São Tomé and Príncipe; Senegal; Serbia; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; Somalia; South Africa; South Sudan; Sri Lanka; St. Lucia; St. Vincent and Grenadines; Sudan; Suriname; Syria; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Togo; Tokelau; Tonga; Tunisia; Turkey; Turkmenistan; Tuvalu; Uganda; Ukraine; Uzbekistan; Vanuatu; Venezuela; Vietnam; Wallis and Futuna; West Bank and Gaza Strip; Yemen; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
This program is only for candidates who have received an offer of admission and who have the excellent academic ability. Financial need and social commitment are also important criteria for selection.
Application for the Reach Scholarship at Oxford University is closed for now. Meanwhile, you can learn more about the application procedure on their Official Website.
- Applications for admission close in February. Meanwhile, to be considered for the Reach Oxford Scholarship, you are to apply to Oxford University through UCAS before the 15 October of the previous year.
- If you have been offered undergraduate admission into Oxford University, then proceed to uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com to apply for Reach Scholarship.
Scholarship Official Website
3. Clarendon Fund Scholarships at University of Oxford
The Clarendon Fund is no doubt one of the leading scholarship programs at the University of Oxford. They have decided to provide fully fund offers for about 170 new scholarships each year.
This award depends on how much a student performs academically where the excellence and potential of candidates is not left out.
The application for this scholarship is open for all courses at masters level at the University of Oxford.
All Clarendon scholarships cover college course fees in full. Besides, the scholarship recipients receive an annual subsidy for living expenses (at least £15,609).
The scholarship is valid for all areas. All part-time and full-time master’s or DPhil programs are included. Meanwhile, the diploma courses or postgraduate courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
If you apply for admission to a full or part-time master’s course, you are automatically considered for a Clarendon scholarship.
By the way, the Clarendon scholarship does not require you to submit any additional documents specifically for Clarendon scholarships.
See official website for more – https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon
The deadline depends on each course, but it is usually early January. See the course page for specific deadline information.
4. Weidenfeld and Hoffman Scholarship at the University of Oxford
The Oxford-Weidenfeld and Hoffman Scholarship and Leadership Program supports 20 outstanding students from countries in South America to pursue a postgraduate degree at the University of Oxford yearly.
The scholarship will cover 100% of the expenses of the university (and in Oxford, of the college where you will study). Also, there is a subsidy for living expenses (of at least £15,609).
The scholarships are awarded for the total duration of the course, which can be 1 or 2 years.
Only if you are a regular resident of one of the eligible countries, and intend to return to your country once you have completed the course. See full list of eligible countries and courses here.
Applicants who deferred their admission are not eligible for this scholarship offer.
You apply for this scholarship by selecting the Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships and Leadership Programme in the funding section of the University of Oxford application form for graduate study before the deadline date.
When applying, you must ensure that you have created a connection between your course of study and your longer-term professional goals.
You will also explain how your professional career will contribute to the improvement of life in your country. All these objectives are expected to be demonstrated in the motivation letter.
This scholarship is offered annually. It closes in mid-January and to start studies in September of the same year.
See also List of Harvard University Scholarships.
I believe that we have been able to give you enough options to choose from the scholarship opportunities to study in the UK.
Therefore, you shouldn’t hesitate to apply for them as soon as the application forms are now.
Don’t forget to share your thoughts and the comment section below. Remember to share this with your other people online searching for the scholarship in the university of oxford.